Monday, January 7, 2013

Jewelry Trend Alert 2013 - Beyond the Signet

As usual, the fashion reporters at the Wall Street Journal are just now...
years later...
catching up with the pinky ring trend,
which we haven't seen much of since the days of
fashion icon all stars, Diana Vreeland, Nan Kempner and Princess Diana

Here's the link to the article
Consider the Pinky Ring
According to the WSJ
Rings worn on the littlest finger have long been a discreet badge of style and status


Well, I don't know about badges of style and status
but here at BHB we've been wearing pinky rings for years
Mind you not the traditional gypsy set diamond gangster style rings
nor the aristocratic signets with elaborately engraved monograms

Since we don't take ourselves or our sartorial choices too seriously,
we prefer our pinky rings to be fun and a little unusual.

Here are range of high-low styles
from both Beladora.com and Beladora2.com (soon to be the B2 outlet)
with prices from as low as $295 to $2850








What do you think?
Will you be wearing a pinky ring in 2013?
Digg this

7 comments:

Susan B said...

Ooh, I like those! I'd probably wear a pinky ring if I spotted the right one.

Belle de Ville said...

Pseu, exactly.
It depends on the ring style.

KSL said...

I've worn a small, signet type pinky ring for about 14 years. Rarely take it off. It's a special symbol between my husband and me. My favorite of these is the ruby ring in the rose gold, but they're all lovely.

Belle de Ville said...

Kathy,
The pinky rings that my friends wear tend to have some very special significance and they too rarely take them off.
I like the Retro ruby and diamond ring too. It is really unique and attractive.

Faux Fuchsia said...

Luff a signet ring!!!

Colour said...

i don't know about badges and status either but it would be nice to have one... i like the Jadeite and Diamond Ring.. they say green is on the trend this year

Belle de Ville said...

It totally cracks me up that I got a comment on this post that said that the rings looked bad because they were on some old man or woman's hand.
Well yes, they are on my old lady hands. Sorry, but I just don't have a professional model here in the office. I also don't bother to photos hop all of my images.
I'm lucky enough to find the time to post anything, let alone photo shop images.

Add to Technorati Favorites