Friday, September 12, 2008

Is 80 The New 60?

Pelican Hill Golf Course in Newport Beach

We all know that 50 is the new 30, but is 80 the new 60?

Well apparently for my father it is.

Last night, as we celebrated my father's 80th birthday, I was wondering what kept him so youthful. Is it something in the Orange County water?

Here's a man who could be sitting in a Lazyboy in front of the HD tv. But no...he's too busy with working out at the gym 4 days a week for 1 1/2 hours each session, playing golf 1 or 2 times a week, working in his garden, singing in the choir at church, going to movies, seeing his friends, volunteering for neighborhood projects, and reading books. Next month, he and my step mother are off to Spain on vacation.

I think that the secret is in the balance of elements in his life, physical, spiritual and intellectual. And moderation in all things.

Digg this

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites