Friday, February 8, 2008

Montblanc Diamonds

A couple of weeks ago I went to the Montblanc reception at the Rodeo Drive boutique for their new ultra luxe diamond collection where they previewed two new drop dead gorgeous diamond necklaces.

The Eclat was composed of a 6 strand diamond riviere, with a total carat weight of 58.75 carats!!! From the top strand suspends a 6.12 carat D-IF Montblanc diamond. Priced at a mere $2,415,000!

And if that wasn't enough, the showstopper was a the Lumiere, a long flexible necklace compsed of 3050 diamond briolettes with a total carat weight of 378.74 carats with a 11.88 carat D-IF Montblanc diamond drop. At $5,000,000 it was a steal.

I look at jewelry all day long 5 days a week for my business, and I'm afraid I've become more than a bit blase about jewelry. Even with a piece de resistance like the Lumiere, I could find faults. Because of the way the briolettes are woven into the necklace, they don't have much sparkle...they don't look like 378.74 carats... so I kinda have to ask what's the point?

And while the two perfect colorless - internally flawless Montblanc diamonds are magnificent, they are in a patented cut in the shape of the Montblanc flowerish star logo. Do I really need to wear clothes, handbags, or jewelry with logos....I think not.

Still, if some generous person wanted to give me either of these diamond necklaces...I think that I could get rid of my distaste for logos pretty quickly.
Digg this

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites