Tuesday, February 24, 2009

From today's Drudge Report

Obama Says USA will rebuild and emerge stronger...
Obama vows to increase number of soldiers...
Obama vows to seek cure for cancer 'in our time'...
Obama says bank bailout may cost more than expected...
Obama promises universal EDUCATION THROUGH COLLEGE...
Obama promises universal health care...

Is there anything this President can't do????





Somehow it all reminds me of the lyrics from the famous Burt Bacharach- Dion Warwick song from the Broadway musical Promises Promises
(yes...my mother took me to see the show in New York when I was just a wee little girl)
Promises, promises I'm all through with promises, promises now ...



A very close friend of mine with a high position at a major trust company told me last week about half of her department got laid off. And I'm hearing a lot more stories like this.
Not to mention that my son, young Mr. de Ville was laid off as well.

Look, I love a good college education as much as the next person... I even went to college and to graduate school, but universal education through college wouldn't be anywhere at the top of my list for helping America. How about improving the economy so that jobs can be created...and sustained... for people that can't be outsourced to India and elsewhere.

Just saying...
Digg this

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites