Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Pretty As A Princess - Red Carpet Fantasy

Is it just me or did anyone else think that these actresses were all dressed up for a late night rendez-vous with Prince Charming at the castle? Did someone lose a glass slipper?


Miley Cyrus in Zuhair Murad

SJP in Dior Couture


Penelope Cruz in Vintage Balmain
The more that I think about these princess style ball gowns, the more appropriate I consider them to be for our current economic situation. After all, Hollywood is the ultimate Fantasyland providing us with the escapist entertainment that we crave.
Hollywood created some of the most over the top glamorous films during the 1930s and was wildly successful during the Great Depression. I think that the entertainment industry will be one of the few to have above average returns over the next couple of years...as long as the studios create escapist films.
Digg this

4 comments:

Susan B said...

I think Miley Cyrus' dress was particularly egregious in the "Disney Princess" category, but she's young so I'd rather see this than an attempt to look like a thirty-year-old hooker.

I love these old-style ball gowns, but would have liked to see more color.

Belle de Ville said...

I agree...I don't have a problem with big skirted gowns...especially for ingenue aged girls. I guess that these three gowns just looked so much like wedding gowns.
You're right, they needed more color.

Anonymous said...

AY! Don't mess with my SJP--she can do no wrong in my book!

Anonymous said...

AY! Don't be messin with SJP--She can do no wrong in my fantasyland!

Add to Technorati Favorites