Friday, May 18, 2012

Around Town - The Los Angeles Garden Tour


Today we had a perfect sunny day for the annual Los Angeles Garden Tour

Most of the ladies at the event were in floaty flowery frocks and big hats
but I dressed down for the occasion
in a khaki cotton suit by Nine West ($24.99 at Ross!),

and hot pink Escada loafers and Celine bag, both vintage 2001

After seeing my my belted khaki suit...perhaps more appropriate for an African safari...
(yeah...as if I had my own Denys Finch Hatton to take me big game hunting...and then wash my hair alfresco)
my daughter kindly asked me where my bolt action rifle was.
I responded by accessorizing with vintage jewelry rather than buck shot.
like this antique Victorian diamond flower brooch in 18K
appropriate I thought for spending time some of the prettiest gardens in the city
and these adorable diamond earrings in 18K
and in the spirit of keeping it simple
a Cartier watch and a diamond line bracelet in 18K.

I would have posted some images of the amazing gardens that I walked through today
but we were not allowed to take photos on the tour in order to protect the privacy of the homeowners.
Fair enough. 
The last garden on the tour, which I missed because I had to get back to the office,
was at the Playboy Mansion.
I heard that it was amazing with mature redwoods, the famous grotto, peacocks and even a zoo!
Apparently, there were no bunny sightings on the property.
Digg this

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute are your hot pink loafers? Love them! So glad you had nice weather. xo

Susan B said...

Sounds like a wonderful tour. And you've accessorized beautifully.

LPC said...

Hahahahaha! I love that you went safari and diamonds when everyone else was in frocks!

The Preppy Princess said...

Good on you for accessorizing with classics. This will not surprise you, but I have to say how much I adore the pink shoes and bag. :)

Add to Technorati Favorites