Friday, December 10, 2010

Around Town or Angelina Jolie and Me

As promised, we saw snow on Rodeo Drive last night....well maybe not snow but snow flakes at least floating around in the air.  How this was done I don't know, but I assume that they used the same process as they do for creating snow for the movies.  After all, Hollywood is the next town over.
It was crowed in the street and the restaurants. I wasn't so sure about the stores.  And the mood was definitely jolly in the way that sparkling holiday decorations and a spectacular Christmas tree makes one feel. Unfortunately, I didn't get to really enjoy the street because as I was leaving my office, there was a demonstration by the PETA people right outside of my building.  I was wearing a vintage fur jacket and naturally wanted to avoid the yelling PETA people so I slipped out the back way and walked down the alley.


Our partner offices, Kazanjian Brothers Inc., were having their Christmas party last night so I stopped in for a little glass of champagne.  Next door to KBI, Bob Procop, jeweler to the rich and famous and formally head of Asprey and of Garrard recently opened his new office.  Not only has Bob has been working with Angelina Jolie on developing a new line of jewelry to benefit her charity, he provided jewelry for her new film 'The Tourist", including the magnificent antique Edwardian diamond collar necklace.

And guess who just had to try on the beautiful diamond collar for herself, channelling her inner Angelina.  Yes, it definitely was my kind of jewelry...
hint, hint, hint...to anyone looking to spend more than $1 million on my Xmas gift...

I was loath to take it off and give it back to Bob...but the jewelry that I had been wearing, chocolate and white south sea pearl necklace, bracelet and earrings in rose and white gold, actually went better with my heather brown Michael Kors sweater and pencil skirt. 

To add to my story, yesterday afternoon I had to run an errand and as I was waiting to cross Wilshire Boulevard, the most exquisite brunette driving a Range Rover was stopped at the red light in front of me.  It had to be Angelina Jolie...or her doppelganger.  She was so beautiful.  I've seen her before in Beverly Hills, and she is truly stunning.

For the record, in case you hadn't guessed, I'm on team Angelina because that woman can do everything... and she can save orphan children.  Talk about a multitasker!
I can't wait to see her new movie.

 
Digg this

6 comments:

Susan B said...

I'll have to admit, Johnny Depp is a bigger draw for me, but now I'll be looking carefully at Angelina's jewels. That collar is spectacular! I like your pearls too, very wearable and versatile.

teawithonesugarplease said...

I'll throw you some snowballs from here - we still have snow that's not melting....I just lurve those pearls are they real gobstopper sized?

Laguna Beach Fogey said...

Oh wow...!! You look stunning with the collar. But come now, Angelina Jolie? Really?! She collects black babies like I collect high-end shoes.

Dash said...

Beautiful collar, Belle, makes your neck look very long and elegant, think it has your name on it!

I have a friend who worked as a cameraman on one of Angelina's films, he said she was so beautiful he could literally not take his eyes of her.

Hope you have a lovely weekend.
XX

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

What a gorgeous tree! Ohhh! I thought it was real snow!

The collar and your pearls are stunning xx

Miss Cavendish said...

The collar is spectacular!

Add to Technorati Favorites