Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Strict, Sotto Voce or Just Plain Anti Diva Armor

Considering the Duchesse's post today on "Sotto Voce" style and her previous post on "Strict" style, I thought that I would show you what shoes I am wearing today. Purchased at Barney's many years ago these Italian fatta a mano shoes are a little bit beat up... but they are finally worn in and comfortable. I also have matching pairs in camel and black suede.
I don't know if these fall into the "Sotto Voce" or the "Strict" category in terms of style.
But I will say that my environment is fraught with Divas and I don't deal well with the whole Diva thing. So I just consider these shoes as part of my "Anti-Diva Don't F**k With Me" style.
Someday we can have a further discussion on the semiotics of shoes...
Digg this

6 comments:

Susan B said...

Those are definitely "don't mess with me" shoes. Love 'em!

LPC said...

I've always loved men's shoes...and, I believe that you, I, and Maxminimus have the same rug.

Belle de Ville said...

Yeah...I love that rug...you can spill red wine on it and it never even shows!

Laguna Beach Fogey said...

Those are definitely strict, matronly, school-mistress, blonde-hair-tied-back-in-a-bun, when-we-get-home-I'm-gonna-spank-you-silly shoes.

Belle de Ville said...

LB Trad, yeah...I've kinda got that attitude going today. Let's just say that you don't want to get in my way!

mette said...

I don´t exactly know what message those shoes of yours are sending. There is a bit of masculinity in them, so maybe it is feminism then. I have a similar pair in `my´color. I have not yet worn them once. I do, however like shoes of this kind, on the right person at the right time

Add to Technorati Favorites