Monday, November 2, 2009

New York Deskside Meetings

Why, oh why, did I wait until the last minute to get ready for my trip to New York .
It's not as though I didn't have a couple of weeks to get myself prepared.
But no...I had to do emergency shopping over the weekend including a trip to the dreaded Beverly Center, my least favorite mall.
And worse, emergency shopping always comes down to breaking my cardinal shopping rule
Never Pay Retail
(when you work on the wholesale side, you just can't bring yourself to pay full retail)

But there you go, it's business and I have to be dressed for it.
Luckily all my purchases were from the usual low to mid-range stores
Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, Gap, Bloomingdales
and from a new store Jigsaw, a British label that has a shop on Beverly Drive.

Since I don't have time to lay out my travel wardrobe for photos like Karen and Pseu did for their trips to Paris, I will just post these pictures of the looks that I am going for.

For my two days of meetings I will be dressed in something like this

And for the rest of the time I will be sporting a look like this

With the all essential black coat

Rain is in the forecast for later in the week...but hopefully it will be cold enough to snow...
Digg this

5 comments:

Jill said...

Love the looks...especially the first one. I rarely wear anything but dresses, but when I do...I love a good pencil skirt!

Belle de Ville said...

Jill, I am basically taking all black clothes. That way if nothing else I will be color coordinated.
If you ever invite me to El Paso I will pack something besides all black.

Couture Carrie said...

Lovely looks, darling!
Gorgeous coat!

xoxox,
CC

karinnska said...

For NYC, you can't go wrong if you pack black.

Angela said...

i am so with you about wholesale/retail. : )

Add to Technorati Favorites