Thursday, October 15, 2009

Too Large For Ralph Lauren

Again, we get another story of the Fashion industry at its finest


So our story is about gorgeous model Fillipa Hamilton, now 23
who has been modeling for Ralph Lauren since she was 15 Years old
Fillipa Hamilton, for me at least, seemed to have that quintessential "Ralph Lauren Look"
you know, healthy, sporty, all American

And she seemed to look OK with most of her clothes off too

But for some reason, the Ralph Lauren people
decided to over photoshop and distort her image in this ad
so that her head looks bigger than her waist
According to the Times Online
Miss Hamilton had this to say
'I've been working with them since I was 15 years old, so I considered them my second family,' the 5ft 10in beauty said. 'I was very hurt about this.'
Miss Hamilton claims she was fired in April - before the digitally- altered images of her were released.
'I saw my face in this extremely skinny girl - which is not me,' she recalled.
'It makes me sad. It makes me think that Ralph Lauren wants to have this kind of image - and it's not healthy, it's not right.
'And it's not a good example. When you see this picture young women will look at this and think it's normal, and it's not.
So...the next time you go shopping and start perusing clothes from the Ralph Lauren line
Keep this in mind
If they think this girl is too fat to represent the brand
what must they think of the way that their actual real life customers look.
Digg this

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Just WHO is running that company?

Belle de Ville said...

Sher, good question.
Maybe the same people who think that the ideal female figure is that of an adolescent boy.

Sharon S said...

Wow, thanks for sharing this, how sad indeed-the treatment of her by them is just appalling! From Sharon Rose

Jill said...

But I guess if your a 5'2" inch designer that looks like a haggard garden gnome, that's ok. Oh, that was mean, wasn't it?!

Parisienne Farmgirl said...

You know, what is amazing (and so many things about this are "amazing") is, just think how many people this add had to run by? 2,3,4? Till it got to the final decision maker? ALL those people were comfortable with this??? It looks like concentration camp chic! Actually, it looks like a joke!
Vulgar.
And you are so correct - what must they think about the rest of us "fat slobs"?
Great post.
What a beautiful woman she really is!

PS - I am five FOUR and the day I weigh 120 again I might run down the street naked. At least I know I won't be sending Ralph my portfolio!!! LOL!

Miss Cavendish said...

Still cannot believe that RL released that ad--and now fired that beautiful woman. He did apologize for the ad, but surely anyone could have seen beforehand that Miss Hamilton looks completely distoried . . .

Add to Technorati Favorites