Friday, July 24, 2009

Vintage Value Venture - Bring On The Blue

The Summer sale at Posh Vintage is finally here!
Just use the discount code posh15
Posh has plenty of 1970s gorgeous goddess style gowns in flowing jersey that are perfect for steamy summer evenings
But I'm tempted by this 1950's column dress in my favorite neutral, navy blue, that is wearable all year round.
Here's the description from Posh
We Believe That This Dress Could Date To 1956 As Marilyn Monroe Famously Wore An Almost Identical Dress In Photos With Arthur Miller For A Promotion For The Film 'The Prince And The Showgirl'... Marilyns Dress Was A Black Couture Cocktail Dress By GALONOS In A Wool Crepe With A BARE Exposed Midriff With A Sheer Black Chiffon Overlay... This Is One Of My Favorite Dresses Marilyn Ever Wore ... The Galonos Dress Is Featured In The Christies New York Auction Book Of Marilyns Personal Property... On Pages 36 And 37.. It Was Estimated To Sell For $30,000- 50,000.
Our Dress Made By Ira Rentner Is EXACTLY The Same Except The Daring See Through Sheerness Of The "Marilyn " Midriff Was Replaced With Solid Fabric. Finding This Is A Thrill...
- From The 'Vintage Fashion Guild'- Ira Rentner was a member of the famous Rentner family of fashion that included brother Maurice and sister Anna Miller. He designed from the 1940s into the 1960s.
And yes... I know that this season's look is all about revisiting 1980s glam
but over the top big shouldered clothes looked horrible on me then, and I wouldn't wear them again, ever.
Digg this

3 comments:

WendyB said...

Lapis lazuli is delicious!

Belle de Ville said...

Me too...I love the lapis!!!

The Townhouselady said...

navy, my favorite color. The dress is fantastic. But I'd sell a child for the Lapis set so I suppose it's a good thing I don't have any!

Add to Technorati Favorites