Sunday, January 11, 2009

Spring 2009 Collections - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

The Good
Even with the tablecloth fabric, Michael Kors nails it with this dress $2695
The Bad
Stay away from moving objects with this Jill Sander freak of fringe $4175
The Ugly
Incredibly bad remake of the worst of the 1980's by Etro for about $4000


According to Harper's Bazaar online these looks are some of the best of the Spring 2009 Collections...
About this I can only remark that Thank God no one will be able to afford these clothes because they are pretty hideous.
Digg this

2 comments:

Susan B said...

I am in total agreement. Who *wears* this stuff anyway? I've been warming up to some of Michael Kor's stuff lately, though, and I do love that dress.

Belle de Ville said...

Last week I watched the Nick Cage movie "Valley Girl" with my daughter who is fascinated with all things 1980's.
Let you tell you that there has never been an era of uglier clothes and what I'm seeing all over the 2009 ready to wear collections is 1980's inspired.
In other words totally unflattering and hideous.
Almost all women look great in clothes inspired by the ladylike 1950's and early 1960's. Some curvier women look great in the extremely flattering 1940's New Look silhouettes. But 1980;s lines are just so unflattering....and it all started with those silly leggings.

Add to Technorati Favorites