Saturday, January 10, 2009

Specific Subcultures - Who Knew?



Yes, it's true. I'm full of tech questions this week.

First it was how did I end up getting spammed by my own email address.

Now it's an even bigger conundrum.

How does a website steal a trademarked name and logo and then shamefully use it on their homepage? And how do they continue to do this after receiving a cease and desist letter?

Trust me, you might not really want to know about this whole House of Beladora thing....but I feel like sharing. As we all know there is a whole world of specific sub-cultures out there in the US that the mainstream has never been exposed to. While doing a search on Google for Beladora I found The House of Beladora website using the Beladora logo and tag line. (the brazenness!) So naturally, I perused the site to see what it was all about.

What is this House of Beladora you ask. It is site for a specific subculture of black/gay/transvestite men, broken down by geographic area, who do runway modeling, dancing and I assume that they hire themselves out to clients for specific "entertainment" purposes. Who knew that they have whole runway shows with be-muscled black male models in their underwear showing the goods to a roaring crowd of black rapper style guys on the down low. Sort of a Victoria's Secret style fashion show....except shows put on by black men for and audience of black men.

So there you have it. Don't say you never learned anything on this blog....

Digg this

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites