Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Gorgeous Gems at the Golden Globes

Since I am decidedly anti-celebrity hype I never bother to watch award shows.
But I never miss the fug girls and their red carpet review.

So after seeing who wore what this year
Here are my awards for red carpet looks.

Best Big Bling
Eva Mendez in a rocking vintage Van Cleef & Arpels turquoise and diamond necklace. She is a beautiful girl, with or without jewelry, but I'm glad that she opted for the serious bling with this statement necklace.


Best Iconic Vintage Look
Ann Hathaway who I find to be rather vapid. Vapid or not, her stylist went all out with these vintage diamond and sapphire earrings, also by Van Cleef. These earrings are one of VCA's iconic designs and featured in the Ann-Marie Clais's definitive book, Van Cleef & Arpels.


Best Improvement in Overall Look
Drew Barrymore's style was described by one blogger as
Even with the big hair I thought that she looked great.
The John Galiano dress was subdued but sexy.
The diamond chandelier earrings, wide cuff bracelet and big ring were elegant but demure.


And let's face it....she pretty much could have worn anything and looked better than she did at this previous Golden Globes show.


Quite a change...
Digg this

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought Eve Mendes's Van Cleef necklace stole the show. Incredibly gorgeous. Don't watch the awards part either. Kathy

Mrs. M. said...

I definetly agree with your comments on Eva's necklace. In fact, I thought it was hands down the best accesory of the night. Her dress was white, and the turquoise completmented it perfectly.

Miss Cavendish said...

I though that Eva looked lovely too. I'm not a fan of necklaces usually, but hers was perfect.

Add to Technorati Favorites