Monday, June 16, 2008

Vintage Value Venture - Coral Caprice



I love to read Zuburbia.com because not only do I find great new links to vintage websites, like her recent VPOD from Contentment Farm, I find thoughtful and well written commentary like this:

More than a quarter of the world's coral reefs have already been destroyed by pollution, global warming or overfishing, and at least one statistic predicts that at this rate, we'll lose over 57% of the world's coral reefs in our lifetime.

Mary is right of course. I'm often asked why coral jewelry is so expensive, and I have to explain that natural - un-dyed coral is a truly rare material and the current prices reflect this lack of supply and potential loss of more coral reefs.


So staying with the coral theme I found this brightly printed 1960's silk dress by Suzy Perette from Contentment Farm, and paired it with this natural un-dyed coral torsade bracelet from Beladora.com.


Digg this

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites