Monday, May 7, 2012

She Looks Good For Her Age

100 years of Hollywood royalty: Beverly Hills Hotel celebrates a century as a star-studded hotspot

Like any Grande Dame in Beverly Hills, she's had some nips and tucks over the years
But she's never lost her original charm


Living on the west side of LA where everything is green and lush I've always assumed that it was always this way.

But I was wrong.
Now, when I look at photographs of LA landmarks from 100 years ago, I can see how barren and desert-like the landscape was.

Look, not a tree or shrub in sight, except for the palm trees that were planted. 
Amazing isn't it.
For more on the history of  Beverly Hills Hotel and Los Angeles architecture
check out this great blog
Digg this

3 comments:

helen tilston said...

Thanks for sharing this important piece of history

Helenx

LPC said...

My sisters took me there for my 50th Love that place.

Anonymous said...

So amazing, we just missed this big celebration alas - you're back blogging, excellent!

Add to Technorati Favorites