Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Red Carpet Jewelry - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Yes, I know, we've already had lots of opinions out there in the interwebs on who wore what dress to the Oscars 2011 but I'd like to comment on the jewelry.

The Good
While not at all in love with Gwynneth's Calvin Klein gown, I did appreciate the fresh way that she bejewelled herself.
A little dangle earring, a ring on both hands and a gemstone brooch by Louis Vuitton worn at the hip
The look was pure elegance.

The Bad
What was Amy Adams stylist thinking when she put a platinum necklace with 15 carats of diamonds and a 33 carat emerald ...by Cartier no less (!)...on top of a L'Wren Scott sapphire blue beaded gown?
No really, what was she thinking?
That amazing necklace deserved a v-necked or strapless evening gown.
Worn this way that million dollar necklace looked like an after thought.

The Ugly
Sorry, but while I'm usually a big fan of SJP's red carpet looks, I don't know what was going on with all those bracelets. Even if they were vintage bracelets from Fred Leighton, they just looked like a mess.
Digg this

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Amy Adams travesty has bothered me since Moment One. Who on earth puts big, fabulous jewelry like that on anything but bare naked skin??

That Scott dress she's wearing is fantastic though. The color really suits her, too. Lately, she's been leaving the house in a lot of nudes, for a tone-on-tone look, and it makes her look washed out.

Heather said...

I thought the same exact thing of Amy Adams since the first time I saw the pic - which they were giving her look a good rating.(?)

As for SJP, this is the first time I have seen her pic (she must have kept a low profile) but you are right on about the bracelets! How many could that possibly be on one wrist?

And dear Gwynneth, I used to not like her when I was younger but her and her beauty has grown on me. She is a class act.

Susan B said...

I'm still sticking to my theory that because the neckline on Amy Adams' dress was rather awkward (the rest of the dress lovely though) whoever styled her was trying to distract from it.

Add to Technorati Favorites