Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Pretty In Pink Part 2 - At Sotheby's Geneva A Precious Pink Diamond For Sale

There is lots of excitement in jewelry land about the 24.78 carat pink diamond that is coming up for auction at Sotheby's Geneva.  This diamond was sold by Harry Winston to a private clients some 60 years ago and hasn't been on the market since then.  Freshness counts in terms of sales for important gems such as this pink and anything that hasn't been seen in 60 years is indeed fresh.
And not only is it fresh, it is beautiful
"What makes it so immensely rare is the combination of its exceptional colour and purity with the classic emerald-cut -- a style of cutting normally associated with white diamonds," he added.

I can't post a photo because I'm still waiting for my new trophy computer
but you can view the photo here.
Sublime, isn't it?
It is valued at some 38 million dollars, we are anxious to see if it will sell for more.
Digg this

5 comments:

teawithonesugarplease said...

It is breathtaking - I can see this on my finger (Ha I wish)

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Dear Belle, Wow!! That is truly amazing!! I love anything diamond cut. Thank you for sharing. Hope your new computer arrives soon. What did you get? A Mac or a PC? xx

Keith said...

Wow. That is quite stunning.

mermaid gallery said...

certainly stunning! 38 mill! oh my.....

Barbara von Enger said...

Ah, I would so love to wear this exquisite piece of jewellery.
And at that price too - makes it all the more alluring;-)

Add to Technorati Favorites