Thursday, July 15, 2010

Busy With Blogging and Beladora Business

Thanks to Jill, I clicked on the Bochic Vintage jewelry sale on Gilt Group and was totally blown away by the prices.  If there is something that is actual 'vintage' about this jewelry, please do enlighten me because it looks to me like it was all manufactured in India yesterday.

These turquoise and diamond earrings, for example, were priced at $4,629 with an original retail price of $14,000.  Yeah, you read that number correctly.  These earrings are described as 14K with a total diamond weight of 3.87 carats.  (people: note here that these are Indian rose cut diamonds...not D flawless goods and perhaps the color is enhanced in the photo because these diamonds are not high color)
How they justify these prices I just don't know but plenty of Bochic Vintage items have sold on Gilt.


Here is the Beladora alternative:  Turquoise and Diamond (Indian rose cut diamond) earrings in 14K for $2950. Obviously, on these types of earrings the diamond weight is estimated so we conservatively estimate 2.00 carats, there's probably more in actual carat weight. 
All of this makes me wonder, is it the point of sale that matters, rather than the actual merchandise?  Do sites like Gilt merit premium prices?  Anybody have an opinion?

BTW, just to clarify. I am not an affiliate of Beladora.  In other words, I don't earn commissions on Beladora jewelry sales.  If you click through BHB and purchase something using the BHB discount code, I won't earn anything on that sale.

But you can be an affiliate.  You could put a link on your blog with your own individual discount code, for example Jill's code could be Stella or Pseu's code could be Femme.  Then, if any item from Beladora or Beladora2 is sold with your specific discount code, you will get paid a commission on that sale.  All of this could be done without going through Commission Junction or Linkshare.

Do you have friends and contacts who buy estate jewelry? Why don't we put together a trunk show, in your city and invite those lovely people. Belador brings the jewelry and picks up expenses. Do you support a particular non-profit group? Maybe a portion of the proceeds from a trunk show could be donated to the group?  The client would be happy, the non-profit would benefit,  It would be a win-win all around.
Anyone interested?

Oh...and if you aren't already, please become a fan of Beladora on Facebook.
Digg this

10 comments:

Jill said...

I'm assuming the trunk show would need to be in the LA area?

I agree..the prices were crazy ridiculous. The beladora version are beautiful.

Jill said...

Oh...and I added discount code STELLA to the link on my blog.

WendyB said...

"it looks to me like it was all manufactured in India yesterday." -- agree.

Belle de Ville said...

Jill, I would love to come to El Paso and do a trunk show with a portion of the proceeds going to the El Paso Symphony. I bring the goods and the wine, and you bring all Symphony lovers!
Wendy, amazing isn't it, the prices they are getting for those pieces.

Angela said...

also maybe they have a casual interpretation of vintage. : )

Angela said...

so is rose cut diamond less expensive?

Alison Cross said...

Woooaaah! I had to go back and re-read those prices!

I checked out the Art Deco pieces on that Beladora site and they are gorgeous.

Ali x

Style At Every Age said...

The Beladora earrings are completely gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

The Beladora earrings are stunning, I have a weakness for earrings like that, I have so much hair that I need something that stands out.

What a great idea for a trunk show, over here Moet sponsor a lot of fashion events like that, I used to spend my days bombarding them with pitches.

Laguna Beach Fogey said...

An estate jewelry show would be a fantastic event for HNW clients and their wives. Wives, after all, tend to have final say on financial decisions.

Add to Technorati Favorites