Thursday, April 1, 2010

Glamour And The Power To Persuade



From author Virginia Postel on her Deep Glamour blog

Glamour, in short, is serious stuff. It can alter life plans, even change history. And as a broad psychological phenomenon, it holds intrinsic interest. While rarely addressed in C-SPAN discussions, glamour is the sort of topic to which such 18th-century titans as Adam Smith and David Hume often turned their attention. It spans culture and commerce, psychology and art.

Here's the entire article
Digg this

5 comments:

Laguna Beach Fogey said...

Those who do glamour, do. Those who can't, read books about it. The obsession with glamour is so middle class.

Belle de Ville said...

LB, how true. And we vote for glamour too and look where that gets us.

Laguna Beach Fogey said...

Don't even get me started sista. ;)

Wildernesschic said...

Do you know my most glamorous friend is the most cunning and devious person I know .. I used to want to be her... Now I can hardly bare to watch her xx
Thank you for your lovely comment xxx I am a mess xx

Couture Carrie said...

Fantastic article, darling!

xoxox,
CC

Add to Technorati Favorites