Friday, February 26, 2010

Around Town - Afternoon Tea With Nancy Goslee Power At Neimans

Yesterday I took a break from the office and attended a lecture and afternoon tea at Neiman Marcus in Beverly Hills with LA's most prominent Landscape designer, Nancy Goslee Power. In the warm drought ridden climate of Los Angeles, Nancy Power has created some of the most luscious gardens, with an emphasis not only on beauty, but water conservation and sustainability.


One of her showcase gardens is at the Moraga Vineyards.

I love this photo, not just because it is a beautiful landscape, but because it kind of blows me away that there is a wine producing vineyard in Los Angeles... in beautiful Bel Air no less! I can't think of any other major metropolitan city that has a vineyard.

Here's the detail shot of her work at Moraga.

Here's another beautiful vista that she created with a water feature and a view of the Pacific Ocean.
Her work is well known here at major showcase estates like Greystone in Beverly Hills

And important architectural residences such as Frank Gehry's house in Santa Monica

Yes, that same Frank Gehry who created the famous Bilbao structure

Not only does she do amazing landscapes for large projects, such as the Norton Simon museum in Pasadena, with its Giverny-esque lily pond, she is a master at creating intimate outdoor spaces.
Since not all of us are lucky enough to live in an old rectory in the verdant Welsh countryside, we are lucky to have artists like Nancy Goslee Power who can create green paradise right here in water challenged Los Angeles.
If you want to know more about her work she has a new book and you can buy it here.
Digg this

4 comments:

Wildernesschic said...

I love these landscapes I think I like the last one the best as I love water in a garden , thank you for linking my little old house on the moors xxx

Jill said...

I adore the last picture...it's just beautiful, isn't it!

How I miss Neimans...I used to be able to walk there from where we lived in Houston.

Miss Cavendish said...

The top vineyard garden is dreamy.

Belle de Ville said...

Wilderness: Your posts about your house have been so much fun to read.
Jill: My office is couple of blocks from Neimans, but I rarely shop there unless I need something very special. Neimans = best store in the world.
Miss C: Dreamy barely describes it. It's like having Napa Valley in your back yard. Amazing.

Add to Technorati Favorites