Sunday, September 6, 2009

Aix en Provence - At The Aquabella

My travel journal continues with my summer sojourn in Aix en Provence
where I stayed at the Aquabella Hotel & Spa which was well situated right in town and easy walking distance to the plane tree lined Cours Mirabeau and winding streets of the old town with its charming maisons de ville dating back to the 16th, 17th and 18th Centuries.

My room was just so-so and the entire hotel needed redecoration, but I liked my balcony and my view
And the 14th Century tower that was part of the ancient city walls next to the pool

Like in Spain, the temperature was extraordinarily hot, almost too hot to walk around the town at mid day, but the evenings were lovely.


And I would certainly recommend the hotel to anyone going to Aix but only a top floor room where there is an expansive view of the surrounding hills.
Digg this

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites