Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Everyday Entitlement

On the topic the entitlement mentality that is pervasive in our culture.
From The Smoking Gun

A McNuggets "Emergency"
Floridian called 911 three times over McDonald's chicken shortage
MARCH 3--Angered that her local McDonald's was out of Chicken McNuggets, a Florida woman called 911 three times to report the fast food "emergency." Latreasa Goodman, 27, last Saturday called police to complain that a cashier--citing a McDonald's all sales are final policy--would not give her a refund. [To listen to Goodman's 911 calls, click
here, here, and here.] When cops responded to the restaurant, Goodman told them, "This is an emergency. If I would have known they didn't have McNuggets, I wouldn't have given my money, and now she wants to give me a McDouble, but I don't want one." Goodman noted, "I called 911 because I couldn't get a refund, and I wanted my McNuggets," according to the below Fort Pierce Police Department report. That logic, however, did not keep cops from citing Goodman for misusing the 911 system. Even after being issued a misdemeanor citation, Goodman contended, "this is an emergency, my McNuggets are an emergency." The McDonald's devotee is seen at right in a mug shot snapped after a previous encounter with police. Last month, a Florida man was arrested after he called 911 to complain about his displeasure with a Burger King combo meal.

True, the lady was totally ripped off so she got pissed off...but couldn't she have complained to the manager...or to the corporate office?

Obviously not
"this is an emergency, my McNuggets are an emergency."
Just another economic illiterate feeling that she is entitled to waste police time and taxpayer money.
Digg this

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites