Friday, March 6, 2009

Around Town - Hanging Out At The Hammer

Hammer Museum Courtyard At Night
I friend of mine regularly attends the Hammer Forum lecture series at the Hammer Museum in Westwood hosted by NPR apparatchik, Ian Masters, and last night I got enticed to attend. Masters, a pompous ass IMHO had invited UCLA Professor Richard Anderson and Council on Foreign Relations and Center for International Security and Cooperation member, Gail Lapidus, to speak about changes in US-Russian relations in the age of Obama.
Basically their take was this.
US has nukes
Russia has nukes...and oil
Everything stays the same.
Actually, Gail Lapidus was a particularly brilliant speaker and made the lecture and Q&A worthwhile.

Given my the stock market hemorrhage and my bearish mood I was tempted to wear this vintage Tiffany brooch...
but I didn't want to mistaken for a Putin acolyte promoting the Russian Bear.
Of course the best part of the evening was conversation and Cabernet at Napa Valley Grill after the lecture.
Digg this

3 comments:

WendyB said...

Is it just me or does that bear look grumpy?

Belle de Ville said...

Wendy, good call on the grumpy bear.
Full disclosure here...that isn't actually the Russian bear, it is the California bear who is pissed off because the State of California is BROKE!

WendyB said...

Well, I can't blame it for being upset!

Add to Technorati Favorites