Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Around Town - The LA Opera Salon Event


Vintage Christian Dior in Sapphire Silk at Retro Dress
Art Deco Sapphire and Diamond Bracelet at Beladora

The Opera Council of the Los Angeles Opera puts on a special Opera Salon event for its Board members and Patron donors. While I'm not a patron donor, I'm lucky enough to have a good friend who is on the Board who invited me to this week's Salon with a short talk by William Friedkin who directed two of the one act operas of Il Trittico. (Yeah...it's good to have friends in high places!)
William Friedkin , the Academy Award winning director of such films as The French Connection and the The Exorcist, loves Opera. Who knew? He gave a charming talk, with some particularly amusing stories, about the evolution of his career from starting in the mail room at a local Chicago TV station to directing TV programs to eventually directing movies. About ten years ago Zubin Metha, asked him to direct an Opera and he's been directing them ever since.
I haven't seen Il Trittico yet but everyone is raving about it. Of course, with the quality direction of Friedkin, the sopranos of the LA Opera, and the music of Puccini, which in my opinion is absolutely sublime, I know it's going to be wonderful.
And...when I go next week I will be wearing something like this vintage Dior suit in Sapphire with vintage Sapphire jewelry from Beladora.com.
Oh, and none other than Woody Allen is directing the third one act opera of Il Trittico.




























Digg this

1 comment:

Wildernesschic said...

Was just going to comment on your Oprah post and this came up.. must have tapped it with my little finger and I am so glad .. What a fabulous outfit and jewellery. I love this style, as I have told you before I love art deco jewellery especially.
Lovely xx
Yes cocktails at 5 pm at my place xx

Add to Technorati Favorites