Monday, August 4, 2008

Vintage Value Venture - Deja Vu All Over Again


Beladora Tiffany Diamond Pendant


Beladora Fred Leighton Art Deco Diamond Earrings

Well if you surf the net enough you will eventually find that what comes around goes around.
I found this Dolce & Gabbana dress on the vintage clothes website Back-In-Style and the memories exploded.
I bought that same dress sometime in the winter of 1995 at Barney's in Beverly Hills for my Christmas trip to Paris that year. Somewhere there is a photo of me wearing that dress at the New Years soiree at the L'Arche club in Paris with my then Frog fiance. Of course back in the day I paid something around $800 for that dress which I still have but can't fit into because it is sized tiny. I kept the dress because of the memories associated with it.
Naturally, those were the days of reed thin early thirty something-ness and amour fou.
13 years later, it's probably time to pass on the dress that was only worn twice to a younger, thinner young lady who has a future of Paris and more in store for her.
Digg this

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites