Saturday, July 19, 2008

Halter Tops - Hermes Style

First, you tie a knot in the very center of the scarf on the reverse side to take up the slack in the fabric. And then you do what I did the first time -- two ends around the neck, two ends around the waist. This gives a much more fitted effect, which is nice, and shows off the bright blue border of the scarf, which is a color that does wonders for me.

Put on a fairly substantial necklace. Fold the scarf in half diagonally to make a triangle. Bring the points of the triangle up and tie them in a knot around the necklace, and the bottom points around your waist. This is genius, and I love the way it looks with this scarf, whose circular design really works well here.


I've always wanted to wear an Hermes scarf as a halter top but I've never known how to tie it properly.


Finally, Style Spy has taken the mystery out of the tying technique.

Now, with little practice this might be my new summer look.
Digg this

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites